COFFEE BEAN SHOP WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
At the Coffee Bean Shop we take your data protection seriously, and the purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how we use any personal information we collect about you when you use this website and as a customer. We recognise that your privacy is important, and we take our responsibility for safeguarding your personal information very seriously. We are also committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your data and to meeting our data protection obligations.
We would like to take to this opportunity to assure you, our valued website user and customer, that we are 100% committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal data that you provide to us.
Coffee Bean Shop Limited is a family run coffee bean roastery and retailer, registered in England, with registered number 06718163. Our registered office is at King Arthurs Court, Maidstone Road, Charing, Ashford, TN27 0JS and you will find our store at Unit 13, Connect 10 Business Park, Foster Road, Ashford TN24 0FE. We act as a data controller of your personal data.
It is important that you read and understand this notice so that you are aware of how and why we are using your personal information when you use this website and as a customer.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time, so please ensure you regularly check back to review it.
What information do we collect about you?
When you visit our website we collect information about you that you provide to us when you:
- submit an enquiry via one of our webforms or by sending us an email
- use our email address link to send us an email
- subscribe to our newsletter
- create an account on our website
- register with us on our website
In addition to this, when you are a customer we collect further information that you provide to us when you:
- buy something in our online shop
- login to your customer profile
You may also provide personal information to us in other ways, such as over the phone, or by engaging with us via social media.
All of this information is provided directly by you. If you decide not to provide relevant information, this may hinder our ability to respond to your visit to our website efficiently and may mean that we will not be able take any further action to support your enquiry.
The information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Your contact details (including your address, your email address and telephone number)
- Your order history and profile
How will we use the personal information we collect?
The information provided by you will be processed for legitimate business and/or contractual reasons:
- Respond to your enquiry or provide the goods that you have requested
- Enable your registration with us
- Send you information that you request from us relating to our products and services
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us
- From time to time to provide you with information about new and existing products, services and offers. Should you wish that we do not use your personal information for these purposes, please notify us email@example.com
Processing for our legitimate interests may include processing for the purposes of (i) fraud prevention and compliance; (ii) certain direct marketing and promotional activities; (iii) the provision and operation of referral marketing programmes; (iv) network and information systems security; (v) data analytics; (vi) enhancing, modifying or improving our service; (vii) identifying usage trends; or (viii) determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns or advertising.
We may also use your site usage information to improve our website, understand how you use our site, and provide more relevant content to you. We use third party companies to process this information on our behalf.
In order to send to you information about new and existing products, services and offers and to process your orders with us we may share your personal data with third party payment processors. We also use third party suppliers to assist us with referral and reward programmes.
When we do share your personal information for these purposes, the data remains our property at all times – these “data processors” act only under our instructions and are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes. We check carefully that our third party suppliers are as compliant with data protection law and regulations as we are. When we outsource the processing of your information to third parties or provide your information to third party service providers, we oblige those third parties to protect your information with appropriate security measures and prohibit them from using your information for their own purposes or from disclosing your information to others.
Our website and emails may contain links to these third party websites and services. It is important to remember that when you follow a link to any of these websites or leave our website to use the services of a third party website, this Privacy Notice will not apply.
When you browse or interact with any other website, or third party service provider, you must check that website or service provider’s own privacy notice and procedures for handling your personal information before you submit any personal information to these websites.
To help you with this, we have provided links below to the privacy notices for our current referral and reward programmes provider (Mention Me) and payment processor (Klarna):
The Company will not transfer your personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area.
We will store your personal information only as long as is required to process your enquiry or provide the services that you have requested.
We do not base any decisions about the personal information you have provided solely on automated decision-making.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SAFE
We are committed to keeping your personal information secure. We will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration:
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers
- We use strict procedures and have implemented security features on our site to try to prevent unauthorised access
- All of our data processors and service providers who have access to your personal information, for the purposes of processing your information on our behalf, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Coffee Bean Shop, Unit 13, Connect 10 Ashford Business Park, Foster Road, TN24 0FE
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are processing it for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party where processing is carried out by automated means.
To find out more about your rights, to exercise any of your rights, or if you have any questions or concerns about data protection at Coffee Bean Shop Ltd, email email@example.com or write to us at Coffee Bean Shop, Unit 13, Connect 10 Ashford Business Park, Foster Road, TN24 0FE
If you have any concerns or comments about how we use information, we would like to hear from you. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issuesfor guidance and advice, or to lodge a complaint. The ICO may be contacted at:
Post: Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545745 (national rate)
Changes to our Privacy Notice
We keep our Privacy Notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this web page. This Privacy Notice was last updated on 25.02.2022